Treating Auto Accident Injuries
There are 6 million car accidents across the United States every year. In North Carolina, we have some of the highest accident rates in the country. If you have been in a car accident, you know they can cause a wide array of injuries that can lead to chronic pain, disability, and interrupt your normal life. Even the smallest of car accidents can lead to injuries or pain that needs treatment. If you have recently been in a car accident, the team at Druzbik Family Chiropractic in Statesville can treat the injury and reduce the pain to get you back to living your life to the fullest.
How Chiropractors Can Help After an Auto Accident
Chiropractors are experts in injuries to the soft tissues. We can treat several common injuries related to auto accidents, including:
- Whiplash: Also called a neck strain or sprain, it is one of the most common injuries that victims of a car accident experience. Whiplash happens in a car accident when your head snaps in one direction and suddenly in another in a whip-like motion that overstretches the joints, muscles, neck, and upper back.
- Herniated discs: This condition is also called a slipped or ruptured disc. This injury occurs when the hard exterior of your spine is damaged, causing damage to the nerves, weakness or numbness in your limbs, and resulting in pain.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissues connect your skin, muscles, ligaments, and organs. In a car accident, your soft tissues can become torn, leaving you with pain and soreness. At Druzbik Family Chiropractic, we can assist in the recovery of your soft-tissue injury and relieve your pain.
- Back pain and neck pain: Millions of people struggle with back and neck pain, making these conditions the leading causes of missed workdays around the world. Car accidents can lead to strain, muscle pulls, nerve damage, or spinal injuries in the back that can lead to chronic pain. Regular adjustments by a chiropractor and other treatments such as cold laser therapy can help relieve the pain without the need for medication.
- Inflammation: Any kind of trauma, whether it is from a car accident or not, can cause inflammation in your body. This inflammation can make even the smallest injury seem more painful. A chiropractic adjustment can help reduce the inflammation and the pain that comes with it.